Students in the MS Data Science and Analytics program must successfully complete 30 credits and maintain a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.00.
Data Science and Analytics Coursework
There are five three-credit core courses, designed to provide students with a solid foundation in data science. We also give a zero-credit programming course in the summer prior to matriculation. The additional five three-credit elective courses allow students to learn tailored skills, helping them apply data analysis to fields of interest. Coursework may be taken in any order that is allowed by the prerequisites.
Core Courses- 15 Credits
Our five-course core (plus zero-credit summer course) is designed to give students an overview of the massive data landscape.
Electives- 15 Credits
- Effective Presentation for Technology & Science (ANLY-520)
- Computational Linguistics – Advanced Python (ANLY-521)
- Data Ethics Privacy & Security (ANLY-530)
- Structures and Algorithms for Analytics (ANLY-550)
- Data Structures, Objects, and Algorithms in Python (ANLY-555)
- Time Series (ANLY-560)
- Optimization (ANLY-561)
- Advanced Analytics and Applied Math for Streaming and High Dimension Data and Applications (ANLY-565)
- Natural Language Processing for Data Analytics (ANLY-580)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Applications (ANLY-585)
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning (ANLY-590)
- Storytelling, Data Communication and Decision Science (ANLY-599)
- Advanced Machine Learning (ANLY-601)
- Relational and Semi-Structured Databases and SQL Programming (ANLY-640)
- ANLY Internship (ANLY-905)
Please see the Course Descriptions page for elective courses in other departments that have been pre-approved by the program and will satisfy elective requirements. Additional coursework may be approved upon request, and at the discretion of the program.