This page serves as a guide for Data Science & Analytics faculty members. These resources are intended to assist new and continuing faculty with setting up accounts and navigating Georgetown’s systems, as well as understanding important policies and procedures.
Resources for New Faculty Members
Welcome to the team! Be sure you have access to MyAccess (new window). Get assistance with MyAccess and final grades and methods (new window).
Be sure to get a GoCard (new window).
Email, WiFi, and Software
- Setting up your NetID (new window)
- Setting up SaxaNet Secure WiFi (new window)
- Software purchase and Georgetown discounts (new window)
Access the Georgetown University faculty handbook (new window).
Georgetown’s Start-of-Term Schedule (Fall & Spring):
- On Wednesday, students attend only their Monday classes (not Wednesday classes).
- If a student does not have a Monday class, he/she will not attend any class on Wednesday.
- On Thursday and Friday, students attend their normal Thursday and Friday classes.
Week 2 and beyond:
- Tuesday and Wednesday classes meet for the first time in Week 2.
- Students attend classes on their regularly scheduled days.
See the program calendar (new window) for important dates.
Syllabi, Course, & Grading Information
Georgetown University policies (new window) for all required elements to appear on all class syllabi.
Ideally, a syllabus should be uploaded before registration begins. If you have not yet uploaded your syllabus (with the above required elements), please do so ASAP. See below to upload syllabus using Georgetown360.
View the syllabus checklist (new window).
Key Change: All class syllabi must contain Title IX: Sexual Misconduct and Sexual Harassment.
Be sure you have access to Canvas (new window) and can see your course(s), your students, etc. Recall that GU has moved from Blackboard to Canvas. View faculty resources and videos for Canvas (new window).
Beginning with the Fall 2018 semester, Main Campus and GU-Q course sites will be created automatically only in Canvas; Blackboard course sites will be provisioned by request only. By December 31, 2019, all faculty will need to complete the move to Canvas. Find out more about the Canvas transition (new window).
GUFaculty360 (new window) is the new home for Georgetown faculty information, including expertise, publications, teaching and more. Login to update your information, and upload syllabus for your courses (under “Teaching” tab).
From 360, you can access MyAccess and Canvas as well.
- GU360 Help and Training (new window)
- HOW TO Guides and Links (new window)
- Uploading Your Syllabus (new window)
Zoom (new window) enables you to conduct live online class presentations, conferences, and meetings. Faculty and staff can use Zoom to connect with each other, with students, and with colleagues from around world with audio, video and screen sharing.
Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Title IX at Georgetown (new window)
- Confidentiality Policy: Faculty, Staff working with Students (new window)
- Confidential Counselors on Campus (new window)
- Reporting Procedures (new window)
Adjunct Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
All part-time faculty teaching at least one credit-earning class, lesson or lab are eligible for the benefits of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (new window).