GU Analytics for Nonprofits
GU Analytics for Nonprofits is a Georgetown University student group founded by MS Data Science and Analytics students, and open to all Georgetown graduate students. GU Analytics for Nonprofits provides pro-bono analytics consulting services to nonprofit organizations through semester-long or year-long projects. The group helps students gain real-world experience with data analysis, improve their hard and soft skills, and build their professional network.
Our organization has around 50 active members. Every semester, we collaborate with various non-governmental organizations (NGO) such as Smithsonian Institution, WWF and Foreign Policy for America and engage more than 20 students in real-world projects. We also hold workshops to help students to prepare for their careers. Students come from diverse academic backgrounds including Data Science and Analytics, Public Policy, Economics etc. GU Analytics for Nonprofits has received plenty of positive feedback from the NGOs we have collaborated with.
WHY JOIN US?
- Something unique on your resume. Yes, complicated school projects look cool but your real-world project gets you that interview.
- Work with directors in influential NGOs. Time to make some social impact.
- Build your network. Our members interned at Facebook, JPM, etc. They can’t wait to share their experiences with you.
- Potential internship opportunities at client organizations.
WE WANT YOU! Please Contact Us If You Are…
- Interested in nonprofit organizations, business analytics, data science or consulting.
- A graduate student from a STEM background.
- Willing to commit 1-3 hours per week.
READY TO JOIN?