Analytics News and Useful Links
Find out what's happening at the M.S. in Analytics Program at Georgetown University and around the Washington DC region.
Analytics Student Yanchen Wang Selected for Vatican Hackathon
Analytics student Yanchen Wang (MS '19) was selected to participate in VHacks, a hackathon at the Vatican.
Analytics and Public Policy Students Win 2017 Deloitte Foundation Fellowship
Analytics students have teamed up with McCourt School of Public Policy students to win the 2017 Deloitte Foundation Data Analytics Fellowship. Tiankai Guo, Ruhan Wang (both MS Analytics), Andre Lee (Master in International Development Policy), and Tommie Thompson (Master in Public Policy) met while participating in the Deloitte Core Consulting Series........
Analytics Students Win 2016 Deloitte Foundation Research Fellowship
Qinkai Ge, Weiye Deng, and Yu Yu have won a 2016 Deloitte Foundation Research Fellowship to fund their project “Recognition of Distance Learning Patterns in Georgetown University through Data Analytics”.......
NEWS ABOUT DATA SCIENCE IN THE WASHINGTON, DC AREA AND ELSEWHERE
For the February DSDC, we're pleased to have two presentations on applications of machine learning to real-world issues in cities! (click for full report) Matt Conway will talk about his Data Science for Social Good Fellowship work....
Links of interest
- Center for Applied Scientific Computing at Lawrence Livermore National Lab
- Institute for Scientific Computing Research at Lawrence Livermore National Lab
- Big Data Salaries: An Inside Look
- Data Science DC
- Data.gov - The home of the U.S. government's Open Data
- Search for data scientists jobs in the Washington, DC area
- The Massive Data Institute at Georgetown University's McCourt School of Public Policy
- Georgetown University's Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics